Saturday, June 16, 2012

A place to start

Here it is. A new blog for me to write down my feelings about life in co-pastoring ministry. It is a huge blessing as well as being a struggle. I am priviledged to be able to work side-by-side with my husband, not just as parents, but also as youth pastors. Life most days can be a challenge for sure, filled with ups and downs, laughter and tears. We have been married for 8 crazy years that have brought us 4 kids, 3 states, and 4 different ministry assignments. We have learned from each experience, good and bad, that we have been faced with. I believe that there is always something positive to glean from every situation, sometimes you just have to look a little harder than others.

Being a woman in ministry can be a challenge itself, add the fact that I work side-by-side with my husband and the challenge grows that much more. While I am slightly more introvert and quiet (to a point, I do have my loud side as well), my husband is much more outgoing, a people person who has never met a stranger. It makes for an interesting dynamic, but it also helps us to balance each other out, we were made for each other.

As I start out on this new adventure of blogging I am excited to be able to put into words some of the feelings that swim around in my head on a daily basis and I tread in the crazy waters that are my life. What a joy it is to serve God and what a great honor it is for me to be entusted with my children and with the teens that we minister to. I want them to grasp the concept that being a Christian is not simply about going to church on Sunday mornings and coming to a few activities, it is about being sold out and completely in love. Being a Christian is much more than mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment