Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A birthday and a call from the school nurse

Today is our second son's birthday. Blake is six today, so hard to believe. That's a picture of him around Christmas with a new costume he got, he loves to dress up. And of course his cousin Libby is with him :) I sent him and his brother off to school this morning, and of course a yummy birthday treat for his class.

I had made my list this morning and was checking things off. I have a very busy week this week. Lots to do in youth ministry, and just in life in general. My to-do list helps me to feel less overwhelmed and more in control. I had a plan for today, hey I had a plan for the week. Everything was set, I just needed to take care of things and check them off my list.

Then my cell phone rang, it was the school nurse. My oldest son wasn't feeling well and had a fever. I told her I would come and pick him up as soon as I could. I got myself and the 2 little ones ready and we picked him up. Just like that my plans for the day changed. Isn't that how life goes sometimes?

We make our plans, make our lists, we have everything set out and ready to go in our time, and something changes. That's when we have to learn to roll with it. My kids have to be priority over youth ministry, they have to know how important it is. This does not mean that what I have to get done this week will not get done, this just means that I have to juggle things around a bit and focus on my priorities.

And another reminder that my family has to be a priority. How are you doing on your priorities? Does your family come in a top spot, or are they constantly put on the back burner because of deadlines?

No comments:

Post a Comment