Monday, January 14, 2013

Forgotten Dreams

I have dreams, there have always been things that I have dreamed of doing, and then, life happened. Most of those dreams have been forgotten and pushed to the side, but some of those dreams seem to sit just out of reach in my mind. Close enough that if I reached, if I stretched myself and got outside of my comfort zone, I could touch them, I could grab hold and actually do something about them. So, what is stopping me? What is it that keeps me from really stretching out and grabbing hold? Fear.

Yes, fear. Fear of failure and fear of putting myself out there. Fear that things won't turn out exactly as I have envisioned, and they seldom do. However, sometimes things don't turn out as I have envisioned because God has something far grander in store, far greater than I could have ever imagined.

I need to remember that "I can do all things throught Christ who gives me strength." Maybe if I lethim gve me the push I need to reachout and take hold of that dream, maybe if I truly believe that I am capable with his strength, I can do something I have just dreamed about doing. So, here I go, I am jumping in. I am taking the leap towards that dream I have set aside for so long. I don't really know how I will do it, and I don't know exactly what it will look like, but I know the one who does, and I know that he orchestrates good and beautiful things. So, stay tuned for news of my dream unfolding, it's time I stop sitting on the sidelines and start getting something done.

What are your dreams you have placed just out of reach? Are you willing to let God challenge and equip you to help you realize those dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment